Tour South Africa

South Africa is Africa`s largest southerly country. The country covers 1.3 million km² – five times the size of Great Britain.It stretches nearly 2000 km from north to south and from east to west 1500km.South Africa also has a very good road and transport system.The countries – Namibia,Botswana, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Lesotho and Swaziland forms the land borders. South Africa`s coastline stretches over 3000 km and is bordered by the Atlantic and Indian Oceans.

Main Cape attractions are the Grandwest Casino and Entertainment Complex,Table Mountain and the Victoria and Alfred Waterfront.These big guns contributes making the country`s slogan come alive. KwaZulu -Natal`s tourists can enjoy the thrill of the ultimate getaway. They can view the regions`s intriguing contrasts and fascinating, diverse landscapes.A proud, noble nation`s customs and traditions can be reached into.This is just to mention part of the million thrills of visiting South Africa.

South Africa has a population of various race, creed, culture and colour.Eleven official languages are spoken.English, Xhosa, Zulu and Afrikaans are amongst these.The majority are from the Bantu tongues.The Black population forms 80% of the country`s total population.The traditional African culture forms part of the country`s history.The Whites, Asians, Indians and Coloureds forms the remaining 20% of the population.

South Africa is also well known for it`s political activities of the past 40 years.Nelson Mandela, ex- state president, is a worldwide known.The country experienced political movements during 2008 and received a new State – President. Sound political and economical relationships are conducted with the rest of the world. The local money currency in usage is the Rand.

South Africa also posses a proud history of sport. Rugby, soccer and cricket are amongst the top codes. The country`s national rugby team, the Springboks, has won the coveted world cup, William Webb Ellis trophy, twice during the last two decades.

South Africans have always been proud of their excellent snoek BBQ`s.Snoek is a type of fish which is obtainable in the Cape sea.It is extremely delicious when eaten after it has been fried over coals.The nation provides a high level of hospitality, especially amongst the coloured people of the Northern Cape region.

A visit to South Africa is thus unavoidable if one wishes to experience the South African lifestyle..

 

 

By: Alfonso Abels

About the Author:

© Alfonso Abels. 2008
Contact: openfieldministries@yahoo.com /+27782443963

Posted by http://www.traveltheworld360.com